Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Take a little trip, take a little trip with me

All my friends know the low rider.

Okay, not all of them, but maybe most.

Well, some.

Okay, fine, I was just dropping names, I don't even know anyone who knows anyone who knows the low rider. I'm just deliberately wasting your time. Monday when I was leaving for the office, there was a car club loading up their rides for the trip back home. I don't understand, exactly, but apparently one does not drive these cars long distances, even when you've spent the money to buy the vintage window fan.
I guess I understand that, because damn, they're beautiful, and it would kill me to get a stone chip in my hand-striped, silver-leaf-encrusted 64. And note the chubby guy in the blue shirt reflected in the bumper on the first photo. It was almost like I planned to coordinate with my subject. I love the engraving, always so many new ideas, I'd love to have Ruby outfitted as such.

And speaking of taking little trips, I leave in two weeks for the greater Cleveland area to train clients for five days, then I'm home again for a week, and it seems more likely than not that I'll be back in Germantown, MD again.

I'm really racking up those frequent flier miles.

6 comments:

Bev said...

Beautiful cars! Safe travels to Cleveland... I hear it's... lovely? This time of year?

;)

MJenks said...

There's a little place by my house that does some classic car auctions. There's a teal 57 chevy sitting out there. My five year old wants to get it for me for Christmas.

Elliott said...

Oooh, Cleveland. Autumny. There's a great little Chinese restaurant in Solon that still hand-makes their dumplings, I'd go just for that.

Mjenks, let me know how that turns out. The last three 'must-have' cars in my collection are all in Hot Wheel form. Of course, since my daily driver never sees the inside of a garage, I don't know what I'd do with something more stylish.

Anonymous said...

Have a safe trip to Cleveland... and to Baltimore.... (yuck on the Baltimore part...)

Elliott said...

Baltimore's not bad, since I'm just leaving the airport and driving out of town, anyway. Maybe this time I can avoid the ticket for running a red light.

I'm from Tampa, we do that all the time!

Samsmama said...

Damn you Florida drivers!

Those cars are awesome! I think part of towing them has to do with keeping the mileage down, but what do I know.

Happy and safe travels!

Be nice and share!

Bookmark and Share