Yes, that's my high school. Note the sealed window openings in the 4th floor torture chamber.
High school sucked. Angsty teens, myself included. I only enjoyed the academic part of the whole thing, because I'm a nerd that way. And while I've always been a voracious reader, there's one book I could never get through. Never finished it in French, never finished it in English. I ruined a perfect 4.0 senior year by not writing a paper about the book I never read, and it dropped my semester grade from an A to a C in AP English.
Mr. Ceci informed me, during a discussion about this, that I needed to fight my perfectionism, that a job worth doing is worth doing poorly. In other words, better to get some credit than refuse to be less than perfect and get no credit. These words ring true to me today. Just look at my blog!
I've NEVER read the book. Ever. My knowledge of the book comes only from a Cure song. Ah, The Cure. Goth before Goth was cool. The REASON Goth was cool. Before it became 'emo' and added rainbow socks and cute backpacks to the equation.
Besides, I'd rather be a crying little pussy than a faggy goth kid. Conformists.
Now, it's Quiz Time!
1) What is the book of which I speak?
2) What Cure song is based on this book?
3) What iconic American singer, while not goth, still wore black and shot a man in Reno, giving him a song that relates to the Cure song and the book, as well as the building shown above?
4) Why did he shoot that man?
5) What other song by this iconic American ebony-clad singer was covered by the band you failed to identify in last week's RAOT?
Remember. Show your work, keep your eyes on your own paper, pencils down when finished. If you want, you can go watch some cool music videos here.