Monday, October 5, 2009

Movie Mania Monday - Coffee's for closers

A hearty congratulations again to our past winners. To Courtney, Iron Quote Guesser Whiskey and 4-0 so far in Movie Mania Monday, and to Rick, Iron Quote Guesser with a 1-0 record, and the Bev, also with a 1-0 record after narrowly stealing the win from TKoG last week with Trainspotting. To the rest of you, including those of you who haven't guessed at all, even on the weeks where nobody else ventured a guess, GET CRACKING! There's no time limit on past contests, and I'm not going to tell you if you haven't figured it out. You'd think I was doing this for my health. Which I probably am. But really, be a joiner. Everyone likes a joiner.

Now, for this week's contest. Remember the rules. First person to guess correctly the original source of the quote wins a prize - no movie characters quoting other movies. The prize consists of the people's ovation and fame forever (and the title of Iron Quote-Guesser). I'd love to offer you dental insurance, leisure wear and matching luggage, but why would anyone want a thing like that? This week's quote:

Well, last night it was so bad, Gwen and I sat there in Nature's own cooling ourselves in front of the open fridge. Can you imagine such a thing?

Allez guessing!!!

12 comments:

Mary said...

hmmm....I've got the answer, but i had to cheat to double check and now I just feel like a big old cheater. And since I'm so utterly honest, I won't ruin everyone else's fun by saying what the movie is...buttttt....I do know. And i guess that makes me the best :)

Elliott said...

Curse you and your honesty! Next time, throw the guess out there and THEN confirm your hunch. But of course, knowing is half the battle, so you're still entitled to a smug little happy dance.

Sarah the Author said...

I'm with Mary...I knew it, but I had to double check. Do I get points for knowing that your blog description quote is from "The Simpsons," and your post title is from "Glengarry glenross?"

Harmony said...

I cheated. I didn't know the answer at all. And? I cheated. Also? I've never seen that movie..and therefore had no chance in hell in guessing that. I really need to watch more movies..I can't keep up with you.

Word Ver: phoparic ~ One who falsely exudes equality and either thinks they are better than you or worships the ground you walk on.

Harmony said...

And? Why don't you have a stalker button? Or..where is your stalker button?

Bev said...

I Googled this one... and I liked it.

Elliott said...

Points, sure. Does it count for the win? Not at all, though there is a 'SDOKB' link between Glen Garry and the movie in question. It's not even six degrees, it's one.

Elliott said...

Harm, I think you need to click 'subscribe by email' to get the follow-up. I may have to go back to the external comment box to clear up the confusion.

Anonymous said...

The Odd Couple????

Elliott said...

Really? Courtney guessed a movie correctly? Shocked I am!

Not really.

And in case you haven't noticed, I did change the comments to route to a different page. Makes stalking so much easier.

Harmony said...

I thank you.

Harmony said...

Frak-toast..I forgot to stalk. I know you have a new post up...but since I asked, I must stalk.

Be nice and share!

Bookmark and Share