Don't cheat, kids! Take the quiz here first.
1) What actor starred in a Disney film under the alias Paul Mall?
Paul Reubens (aka Pee Wee Herman) starred in the 1986 film Flight of the Navigator under the psuedonym Paul Mall.
2) Name the television show that featured a character named Salem?
Sabrina, the Teenage Witch
3) What iconic ad man did Don Johnson usurp for a 1991 film?
Don Johnson starred with Mickey Rourke as 'The Marlboro Man', with Rourke taking on the role of Harley Davidson in that film nobody ever saw.
4) What brand of cigarettes does Bruce Willis smoke in Die Hard?
Bruce is squarely a Marlboro man in Die Hard, but picks up the villains' Gauloises
5) What about in Pulp Fiction?
As with every Tarantino smoker, only Red Apples will do for Butch.
6) What Academy-award-winning film is set in Newport, RI?
The 1974 version of The Great Gatsby was set in Newport, and won Academy awards for Best Costume Design and Best Music.
7) Name the brand mentioned by Billy Joel in an iconic 80's song.
In 'Keeping the Faith', Joel sings about a fresh pack of Luckys.
8) What series of code phrases does James Bond use to identify a fellow agent?
See "From Russia with Love":
James Bond: Pardon me, do you have a match?
MI6 Contact: I use a lighter.
James Bond: Better still.
MI6 Contact: Until they go wrong.
James Bond: Exactly.
9) In which film did Clint Eastwood light a match on the face of his opponent?
This took place in both Hang 'Em High and The Good, The Bad, The Ugly.
10) What is my favorite Kool and the Gang song? (Hint - it's featured in one of the films listed above.)
From Pulp Fiction: "Tell me again about the hash bars." Background music rocks, too.
Bonus: Kurt Vonnegut famously smoked Pall Malls his entire life, bringing us back to question number one.
Oh, Just Shut Up and Lie Down Somewhere
4 weeks ago