Monday, September 28, 2009

Movie Mania Monday - I...am...very...disappointed!

I'm beginning to think that you, my faithful readers, aren't watching enough movies (or listening to enough Beethoven...) A hearty congratulations again to our past winners. To Courtney, Iron Quote Guesser Whiskey and 4-0 so far in Movie Mania Monday, and to Rick, Iron Quote Guesser with a 1-0 record. To the rest of you, including those of you who haven't guessed at all, even on the weeks where nobody else ventured a guess, GET CRACKING! Non-participation is ghastly. It's just ghastly. There's no time limit on past contests, and I'm not going to tell you if you haven't figured it out.

Now, for this week's contest. Remember the rules. First person to guess correctly the original source of the quote wins a prize - no movie characters quoting other movies. The prize consists of the people's ovation and fame forever (and the title of Iron Quote-Guesser), but if you give me creative, inexpensive and generally humorous ideas, that may change. This week's quote:

I fantasize about a massive pristine convenience. Brilliant gold taps, virginal white marble, a seat carved from ebony, a cistern full of Chanel no.5, and a flunky handing me pieces of raw silk toilet roll. But under the circumstances I'll settle for anywhere.
Allez guessing!

8 comments:

That Kind of Girl said...

haHA! One I know! Ewan MacGregor is too cute -- what happened to him?

Although the accents were a bit thick for my taste. Oh Scotland. Cannae buy a vowel?

Elliott said...

But you must, oh you must give us the name. Ooo, you're so close!!! As for vowels, it's an 'A', two 'I's and an 'O'.

And as for the accents, reading it is even worse. I think Ewan's career died after Moulin Rouge.

Bev said...

Shall I swoop in for the steal? Shall I?

Such a crisis of conscience. Well, since I'm not 100% sure I'm right, but I think I am... I'll go for it. Sorry, TKoG!

Trainspotting?

Elliott said...

Clear enough, Miss Moneypenny! And in pennance for stealing, since we want everyone's conscience clear, go check out TKoG's blog, she's brilliant.

And shipping me a freshly-baked apple pie wouldn't hurt, either...

Samsmama said...

Never seen it. But, hey, at least I show up! And I just ate a bite of apple pie. Yum!

Elliott said...

And we're so glad you show up, it brightens up the place.

Elliott said...

Nobody guessed on LAST Monday's quote, you can still score on that one.

Sarah the Author said...

AHEM! I LOVED Moulin Rouge! That said, I had to cheat because I've not seen the movie from which this quote it. (How's THAT for not dangling a preposition?) Well done!

Be nice and share!

Bookmark and Share