Quick trivia for you kids today. As you've figured out already, I love film. Don't have much respect for awards shows or, for that matter, the awards themselves. However, film and trivia? Sign me up.
- Spencer Tracy - Father Edward Flanagan in Boys Town (1938)
- Gary Cooper - Alvin C. York in Sergeant York (1941)
- Patty Duke - Helen Keller in The Miracle Worker (1962)
- Jason Robards - Benjamin Bradlee in All the President's Men (1976)
- Robert De Niro - Jake La Motta in Raging Bull (1980)
- Sissy Spacek - Loretta Lynn in Coal Miner's Daughter (1980)
- Jeremy Irons - Claus von Bülow in Reversal of Fortune (1990)
- Susan Sarandon - Sister Helen Prejean in Dead Man Walking (1995)
- Geoffrey Rush - David Helfgott in Shine (1996)
- Julia Roberts - Erin Brockovich in Erin Brockovich (2000)
- Jim Broadbent - John Bayley in Iris (2001/I)
- Jennifer Connelly - Alicia Nash in A Beautiful Mind (2001)
- Helen Mirren - Queen Elizabeth II in The Queen (2006)
1) Two of the actresses listed above have released albums - one a compilation from one of her films, the other a novelty album released under a fake name. Identify the actresses and albums.
2) Which two of the actors listed above actually died before the characters they portrayed?
See? Two questions. Easy-peasy. Show your work, kids, and spelling counts.