Thursday, April 1, 2010

Random Acts of Thursday - Ready For the Madhouse

Ah, April 1st.  Le jour des imbeciles d'Avril!  Convinced anyone that Coca Cola is going back to classic Classic, complete with coca leaves in the mix?  Planted a thumbtack on your favorite cow-orker's chair?  Get cracking!

In my own little reckless way, completely ignoring convention and putting together a quiz based on famous firsts, or famous fools, I thought I would instead regale you with a happy little story, Mad Lib style, using our current quest to sell old and acquire new housing as a basic theme, and using film titles old and new to fill in the blanks.

The Home Viewing - First Impressions

Today our Realtor took us to the House on Haunted Hill.  We had high hopes for this one, not like that Nightmare on Elm Street.  Did you see the wallpaper in that one?  Walking up to The Doors took forever, this house had The Longest Yard I'd ever seen.  The Realtor handed the Keys to Tulsa, who turned the Lock Up and over to let us in.  Immediately we knew this was the Home of the Brave.  

The Wall in front of us was stories high.  Even though the house only had Four Rooms, we had to climb The 39 Steps just to get to the second floor.  As I walked to the Rear Window, though, I could see the appeal of this home.  It was right On The Waterfront.  And still, there was space for The Shaggy Dog to run around and do his business.

The downside, since there is always a down side.  The Basement and the Kitchen both showed some signs of past water damage, but nothing major.  Certainly I could overlook the Stain on the floor, at least there were no Cracks in the Ceiling.

When the breeze picked up, the metal roof crackled and groaned in the sun. It was almost like there was a _________________________________________________ .  (It was a stretch, I know.  I just can't bring myself to fill it in.)

Think you can do better?  Give it your best shot in the comments.  I'm on the road for the next week, so I may not get to your comments right away, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't leave them.

4 comments:

Connie said...

Cat on the Hot Tin Roof? :-)

Clever post! Good luck with the house selling and buying. I've been there. It's quite a process.

Bev said...

*pausing in the middle of wrapping the toilet seat in saran wrap*

Oh, hey. 'Sup, Elliott?

Good luck with the home sale! Love the mad libs. I'd add "Swimming Pool" and Cat on a Hot Tin Roof."

tracey said...

SO much fun - I want to play but i have to leave for another meeting! Curses. FYI _ Don't use the bathroom at Bev's today...something is up with the toilet.

Frank Irwin said...

Hah! Bev can't get me with that Saran Wrap trick! I left a little something for her in the tank of the toilet, but shhhhhhhh!

Be nice and share!

Bookmark and Share